Saturday, August 21, 2010

What's a good age to get married and start having kids?

Ok not to be selfish or anything, but I would like to have time to myself either before or after having kids. Do you think its better to wait awhile or to have kids when you're young? How young is too young to get married? How young is too young to have kids?What's a good age to get married and start having kids?
You're too young to get married if you're not legally considered an adult. I say this because...everybody is different so everybody is ready to get married at a different time. Anybody who says ';it's not right to get married before 25'; or something to that effect is just stating their opinion. It's not about what other people believe and how other people feel when you're deciding when to get married (or have kids for that matter)...it's all about you specifically and how you feel.





As for the kids... You're too young if you can't support them both financially and emotionally; if you can't devote never ending amounts of time to them like they need. Too young if you don't feel you can devote your life to them.








I say these in the most general way because, like i said above, everyone is different and everyone is ready at a different time. Nobody can give you a specific age for everyone without underestimating and overestimating or stereotyping and generalizing.What's a good age to get married and start having kids?
If I remember correctly, national average 1st marriage age (assuming you are in USA) for women is 24 and I think 26 for first child. I think that is pretty good. I don't like to judge and everyone is different but I really think getting married under 21 is a mistake. I actually have lots of friends who did it (I am a mormon and lots of mormon girls get married really young) and some are still married but it was much harder for them than me.
Well I feel the same way you do I want to accomplish all my goals and life and have fun but, I know i want do this all before I have kids because, after raising them who knows if I'll have enough energy so I plan on not getting married until I'm atleast 25 that gives me 7 years of fun after high school. If I get married at 25 I don't plan on having kids tell about 27-28 but i only plan on having 2 or 3. Don't wait tell your in your mid 30's to have kids though because, then you'll be at higher risk of having a down syndrome child.
I think it's a FANTASTIC idea to wait a bit after getting married to have kids. Being married is an adjustment, plus it's fun to be married and be able to do exactly what you want when you want to do it and not have any other responsibilities. What's selfish about cementing and enriching the most important relationship you'll ever have?





As long as you've completed your education, have stable finances, and are both eager to start alife together -- hey, go for it! Having children at 24 is a good age -- you are old enough not to be yearning to do fun, youthful things, but you aren't so old that having a baby isn't fun, and you can have fun with your children.





I was married for six years before we started our family -- just having too much fun being married to have kids! We traveled extensively, built a house, and I had a great job that allowed us to save most of my income, and when we had kids, I was able to stay at home with no financial difficulties, because we were accustomed to living on one salary.
I waited until I was 30. My 20s were a riot, lots of partying and traveling the world.





But some people aren't wild like I was. Some people are natural homebodies and happy at home with their families. So I think the perfect age for marriage and children is whenever the person is ready. By the time I was 30, I was tired of partying and ready to settle down. Everyone is different.
At your age you can decide to do whatever you'd like :-) You are able to get married and its acceptable as soon as your an adult and you are old enough to healthily get pregnant if you so choose to. One thing you want to make sure though before you do is that you are financially stable.
I had my first child at 20, so I would be 38 when she should be leaving the nest, which seems a good age to have time to ourselves. So i agree with your four year plan. it gives you some time now to yourselves, and after you will wish they were still your little kid, in all your spare time.
i say after you get your life settled.get a job finish school.personally i think 20 is to young to get married and have kids.i say about 25 or 26.but first settle your life with your new husband.at least two year and then have kids.
I got married @ 23 %26amp; had my son when I was 24. I had already graduated from college %26amp; I was teaching. I'm content w/ what I did.


However, age 25 or 26 may be more ideal if you want time to yourself:)
When you have at LEAST a highschool diploma.


are 25 years or older


Have a college degree


are in a stable loving relationship.
30 is a great age to have kids!





Ha - can anyone seriously take advice from someone who posts their picture wearing a thong on yahoo!? THAT was funny!
When you have your own place and in a secure relationship.
30+ is a good age to settle down%26amp;have kids etc





HEYYYYYYYYYY! Why thumbs down?! I was a teen mum, 20's mum%26amp;30's mum so kinda know what my own opinion is thanks very much%26amp;thats what she asked for, an opinion.





Yeah thong girl is disgusting!!!!
After you have job and dependent... 25 ??
When your studies are finished and you've got a job ...like about 25 ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment