Saturday, August 21, 2010

Me and my malaysian bf are planning to get married (civil) in the Philippines.What requirements do we need to?

prepare especially for him?We are working in Singapore we only have 10 days to stay in the Philippines including the preparation for the civil wedding.Is the 10 days would be enough to process everything?Me and my malaysian bf are planning to get married (civil) in the Philippines.What requirements do we need to?
http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha009.htm鈥?/a>


Are you a US citizen? Anyway, I am almost 100% certain that 10 days will not be long enough. As it says, there is a 10 day waiting period on the license itself.Me and my malaysian bf are planning to get married (civil) in the Philippines.What requirements do we need to?
That won't be enough. You have to apply for a marriage license, then wait for 10 days (standard waiting period) and then you can get the license and get married.





I'm getting married in the Philippines next year, and I intend to take a 5-week leave from work (unpaid, if necessary)... my schedule, to give you an idea, would be:





Arrive on weekend...


1st Monday - Apply for marriage license


...wait, wait, wait....


3rd Monday - claim license


3rd Friday - wedding day (private ceremony, no need to invite non-family)


4th Friday - wedding reception (for all family %26amp; friends concerned, scheduled a little later to give time allowance for unforeseen incidents)


The rest of the days, bonding with my new hubby, until my flight on the 5th weekend.





Someone I know married an Australian in the Philippines, and there were lots of requirements... blood test, AIDS test, etc., for him, because he's a foreigner, so they needed more time... he actually went to the Philippines twice (3wks each): first, to undergo the necessary tests and apply for marriage license, and next, for the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment