Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have a financial aid question about when you get married?

This year i will be getting married in July and currently my efc is 2203 and hers EFC is 10100. We are both enrolled in college right now , she is getting her Masters in Social Work and I am working to towards my Associates in Commnity College then hopefully transfer the last 2 years in a university. I would like to know what happens when we get married, will it affect me getting federal aide after we have our incomes combined? Thanks for anyones help.I have a financial aid question about when you get married?
Yes it will. My husband has been in college for a majority of the 2 years we have been married. Although we didn't know our EFC scores before, we have not yet qualified for any aid from the government. I just recieved my FAFSA results because I will be starting school in the summer and once again we I didn't qualify for anything. I always heard getting married helps you get more aid, well I must be doing something wrong then because the only way we can afford college is by student loans. I wish you both well and I hope that your college journey and your marriage are a happy one.





TIP: I recently scored a 5807 for my EFC and that was still too high for free money.I have a financial aid question about when you get married?
It depends on how old you are. If you and she are still going by your parents income and do not work, then it will probably help you get more financial aid. However, if this is your personal EFC from your income and her EFC from her income... then combining the two incomes will probably make you not get as much financial aid. If you or her don't have a high personal income (%26gt;30k) then you will get more money.





For example, if you make 10,000 and she makes 20,000 then they will combine the two incomes and you will get less money. But if you don't work and she doesn't work... then you will get full financial aid.





Also, this will not happen until you do your tax returns for next year. So if your getting married in 2008 the your financial aid will not change until the 2009 - 2010 school year.
  • makeup online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment