Saturday, July 31, 2010

How does your credit score change when you get married?

I have good credit and my fiance has not so good credit.... when we get married, what happens? Will my credit score go down or will my name have to be on everything we apply for?How does your credit score change when you get married?
Marriage does not merge credit scores. His poor credit will only affect joint credit applications -- the interest rates will be based on his poor credit. Keep your finances separate.How does your credit score change when you get married?
From what I know, if all your payments are under you name and you or your spouse cant keep up with their payments then it'll hurt your credit score! Choose the responsible one to be the ';name holder.';
It won't as long as you keep it separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment